Hamstring Download PDF← All Instructions | Tape Removal Instructions
Symptoms & Causes:
Hamstring injuries are often caused by overuse, dehydration, muscle strains or tears, impact on the muscle, or rapid deceleration.
For this application you will need:
- 2 precut strips of StrengthTape
- A flat surface to lay on
- A partner
Here are your simple steps to apply.
- Have the hamstring area stretched as much as possible to experience more comfort and effectiveness in the StrengthTape application. While a partner can help, it's possible to perform this application alone by using the corner of a wall. The entire application should be performed with very little tension or pull.
- With zero stretch, anchor the first strip above the inside back of the knee.
- Continue up the back of the thigh with a 25% stretch, anchoring off the tape with zero stretch.
- Mirror the 1st strip by anchoring the 2nd strip to the outside of the 1st strip and continuing up the thigh with a 25% stretch. The end result of this application should show a shallow ‘V’ around the sight of pain.
- Rub the entire application with your hand or some of the backer paper to create heat so the adhesive will stick much better to the skin.