Inner Knee Download PDF? All Instructions | Tape Removal Instructions
Symptoms & Causes:
Inner knee injuries are often caused from overuse, excessive stress or tightness through the quad and thigh, abrupt changes in direction, or twisting of the knee.
For this application you will need:
- 2 precut strips of StrengthTape
- 1 pair of scissors
Here are your simple steps to apply.
- With scissors, cut one of the strips in half with rounded corners making two short strips. The rounded corners help prevent the tape from getting caught on clothing as you’re moving or peeling off too early. Once you finish preparing the tape, bend your knee to a 90 degree angle.
- Using the first half of the strip, tear the backing paper in half and stretch the tape to help remove the paper. Avoid touching the adhesive. We are going to apply the half-strips in an ‘X’ pattern over the point of pain with a 80% stretch. Line up that piece parrallel to the femur on the inside of the knee. Lay the ends down with absolutely no stretch.
- Repeat the same application with the other half to complete the 'X' pattern, but this time line up that piece parallel to the shin.
- Tear the “Champion” end of a full strip of tape and anchor it below the point of pain, in between two ends of the 'X' near the inside of the shin. Using 25% stretch cross over the point of pain and turn the tape to go up the thigh. Again, anchor the end down with absolutely no stretch.
- Rub the entire application with your hand or some of the backer paper to create heat so the adhesive will stick much better to the skin.